Followers

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

‘The Notebook’ Director Thought Ryan Gosling was ‘Not Handsome, Not Cool’

Ryan Gosling uncool and not handsome? Um, have you seen him?!
Well back in 2004 (before the very cool Drive performance), The Notebook director Nick Cassavetes didn’t seem to think so. Ryan revealed to British magazine Company (via Us Weekly) that Nick wanted to cast him as Noah Calhoun because he was unlike all the other young actors in Hollywood:

 He said, ‘I want you to play this role because you’re not like the other young actors out there in Hollywood. You’re not handsome, you’re not cool, you’re just a regular guy who looks a bit nuts’.

 All that changed after the film’s release. Ryan went from relatively unknown to a certifiable hunk and a big-time A-list actor! Ryan’s legion of fans are so dedicated they even protested People magazine when he lost out to Bradley Cooper for “The Sexiest Man Alive” title.


He might be one of the most coveted men in the world, but the Crazy, Stupid, Love star revealed that he was a “lonely child” and that he decided to become an actor in hopes to meet his first crush: Racquel Welch!
I saw Raquel Welch on The Muppet Show. She was dancing with this big furry spider and I immediately fell in love… I thought, ‘How do I get to meet this woman?’ And then I thought, ‘Well, she’s on TV, so to meet her I have to get on TV myself.
Thank you, Racquel Welch, thank you!

 Written by

No comments:

Post a Comment