Followers

Monday, December 12, 2011

Ryan Gosling is neither 'handsome' nor 'cool' according to the director of The Notebook

 Ryan Gosling
Everyone's going gaga for Ryan Gosling right now (gaga in the traditional sense, not the weirdo pop star sense) but the spunky actor didn't become famous because of his good looks.
The 31-year-old has revealed that he got his big break in the 2004 romantic hit The Notebook because the film's director wanted a guy who wasn't good looking.
"The director, Nick Cassavetes, called me to meet him at his house," Gosling tells British magazine Company. "When I got there, he was standing in his back yard, and he looked at me and said, 'I want you to play this role because you're not like the other young actors out there in Hollywood. You're not handsome, you're not cool, you're just a regular guy who looks a bit nuts."
Ryan goes on to describe himself as “a lonely child”. “I didn't do well at school and TV was my only friend,” he says. (Er, wasn't he really good friends with Justin Timberlake? Anyway....)
"Then, one day, I saw Raquel Welch on The Muppet Show. She was dancing with this big furry spider and I immediately fell in love. She was the first crush I ever had, and I thought, 'How do I get to meet this woman?' And then I thought, 'Well, she's on TV, so to meet her I have to get on TV myself."
Uh-huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment